Would you like to better integrate French in your everyday life?
Are you eager to put into practice what you have learned in your French classes, but don’t feel ready or comfortable enough to do it in a French only environment?
Join us at our next French Friday!
What is French Friday exactly?
- A free conversation event where you can dare to speak French while having fun!
- 9 Francophiles with a good basic knowledge of French (A1 minimum) who want to speak French.
- 1 Native Speaker: Isabelle (Founder & Language Coach @Prêt à Parler Geneva) to guide you through the process and offer her help, tips, and advice.
- 2 ½ hours of French Conversation during which you can have lunch and/or drinks (at your own cost) over your lunch break. (You may arrive a bit later and/or leave earlier to better fit your busy schedule.)
- Explanations in English, when necessary, so you don’t get lost in translation!
Next conversation event
Friday, 15 September 2017
11.15 – 13.45
Hôtel Eastwest (a 5 minutes walk from Gare Cornavin)
During this event, you will:
- Talk about your summer holidays
- Learn new vocabulary, expressions, and pronunciation tips in a friendly atmosphere.
- Receive helpful input to boost your confidence and improve your French conversation.
Be ready to:
- Introduce yourself in French
- Tell a story using the following past tenses: passé composé et imparfait
- Ask questions to the other participants
- Share your bons plans on what to do in and around Geneva in the summer
- Dare! Don’t be afraid to make mistakes: it’s the best way to learn!
I enjoyed this gathering so much and I found it very useful with regards to correcting certain spoken mistakes as well as learning new concepts and expressions. Isabelle is just excellent in explaining everything clearly and engages with each and everyone, giving the person time and help to express themselves. Thank you Isabelle for a superb time spent together!
(Nadine, from Egypt/Denmark)
Thank you Isabelle for a fabulous French Friday! It was a lot of fun. I have had many French Canadian teachers and you are my favorite one. I was very happy to have the opportunity to speak French, learn new vocabulary, have my French corrected and meet other French students. Looking forward to the next French Friday in May!
(Anna, from Canada)
J’ai eu bien du plaisir avec Isabelle et les autres participants à parler français tout en dégustant un bon repas à l’Hôtel Eastwest! Je trouve qu’Isabelle est une excellente professeure de français: vraiment patiente, créative et pleine d’astuces à partager. J’apprends le français depuis 6 mois à Genève et je crois qu’Isabelle est la meilleure professeure que j’ai rencontrée ici jusqu’à aujourd’hui. J’aurais aimé la connaître quand j’ai commencé au niveau A1 car commencer à apprendre une langue est toujours difficile. Selon moi, Isabelle doit être également excellente avec les étudiants plus avancés, notamment grâce à sa perspective internationale sur beaucoup de sujets.
(Cissy Li, from China)
It was great to be able to use the language to exchange the ideas with other Francophile. You can tell that Isabelle is patient, inspiring, encouraging and well-prepared for this event. Each participant has equal amount of time to speak and share through this communicative and interactive activities designed by Isabelle. Thanks again to Isabelle for the effort. I enjoyed it a lot!
(Chi, from Taiwan)
Thanks a lot for organizing this great event, Isabelle! I really enjoyed the conversations and learned a lot. The venue was great, too.
(Melanie, from Germany)
Excellent! Isabelle is a wonderful host, teacher and connector, enabling everyone to comfortably practice their French in a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere. Merci beaucoup!
(Tanya, from England)
Ce fut un énorme plaisir pour moi d’avoir pu assister à votre French Friday. C’était riche en informations et très bien organisé. Je vous félicite pour votre super travail!
(Ibrahim, from Marocco)
Thanks for organising this great event, Isabelle! It was a relaxed environment and a fun way to practice French!
(Lucy, from England)
Thank you Isabelle for a great event. I enjoyed everything: the company of very nice people, the conversation, the lunch! It was my first time and I was speaking a lot!
(Petra, from Czech Republic)
French Friday is all about speaking French while having fun.
Will you dare to join us?
We recommend reading our blog to learn new tips on how to help you better integrate French in your everyday life.
Subscribe to our newsletter now to receive a free French Survival Guide as well as our weekly tips before everyone else!