French For Beginners
French For Elementary to Advanced Speakers
- You recently moved to Geneva and realised that life would probably be much easier if you could speak and understand some French.
- Your partner got a job in Switzerland and you made the courageous choice to follow him/her, but are now starting to struggle with the language barrier when trying to integrate social activities or remain independent in and around Geneva.
- You are very busy and already bored or apprehensive at the thought of attending a traditional language class.
- You learned French many years ago, but don’t remember much of it.
- You master the basics of French, but still get a funny look when you try to express yourself in this beautiful language.
- You already took private French coaching sessions in the past, but were disappointed as the teacher only spoke French and couldn’t relate to your struggle of learning a new language.
Private language coaching is a fast, effective, and reliable way to learn a new language or perfect your skills. Our intensive courses are carefully planned to address your needs and structured to help you focus specifically on trouble areas or difficulties you may be encountering in your daily practice.
Our flexible language training programs will be adapted to fit your unique goals and objectives, your busy work schedule, and your various family obligations. Our team will work with you in order to find the most suitable dates, times, and location for your private language coaching session.
Here is a list of the things we can do during your private coaching sessions:
- Introduce yourself and talk about your family
- Ask for information and answer simple questions
- Answer the phone and book appointments
- Express your opinion on various subjects
- Improve your writing skills (email, official letters, correspondence…)
- Be more efficient and confident in everyday situations (grocery shopping, eating out, using public transports…)
- Discover and better understand the culture and traditions of Geneva and the French Speaking World
- Review and consolidate the fundamentals of French to bring you to the next level
- Acquire new vocabulary on various interesting topics related to your everyday life in Geneva
- Learn more about the culture in Switzerland and other French speaking countries
- Receive valuable tips on French pronunciation to stop making the same mistakes
- Get plenty of speaking practice time and feedback on your pronunciation
- Boost your confidence and improve your French conversation skills
Our outstanding bilingual language coaches are here to help you unlock your potential with solutions adapted to your learning style and priorities.
I came to Geneva without having spoken a word of French before. I found Isabelle to be a very attentive, patient and proactive teacher. The lessons were tailored exactly according to my goals and I quickly found myself making vast improvements in understanding, speaking and writing French. I would strongly recommend Isabelle and I very much look forward to resuming lessons with her when I return to Geneva.
Jonathan Fernandopulle – Junior Portfolio Manager at Edmond de Rothschild (Geneva & London)
Working with Isabelle was a very interesting and efficient experience. Isabelle is a highly qualified teacher who can immediately understand the needs and struggles busy professionals have when learning a new language. It was my first experience with a private coach and I wanted to improve my spoken and written French skills. I feel so much better now! Isabelle was able to personalize my lessons which were designed to meet my specific work requirements. She made me feel comfortable and gave me the right tools so I can speak much more freely than before. She always made sure to correct my mistakes with tact and consideration, the best way to learn and improve. I highly recommend Isabelle’s private coaching services.
Laura – Landscape Architect (Italy)
Isabelle is a joy to work with — I took a three-month beginner’s course in French and not only did I learn the basics of French grammar (no mean task), but also managed to have a great time while I was at it. As a coach, Isabelle is dedicated and professional and employs engaging methods to teach the language that range from text books, discussions, online resources, games to avant-garde films making the learning process interesting and fun.
Debashree Majumdar – Independent Editorial Consultant (Geneva)
Fees for our language programs vary from 930 CHF to 3,200 CHF and can be paid monthly.
Please contact us for more detailed information about our corporate and semi-private lesson pricing.
Free Trial Lesson
Interested in our services? Contact us for a free evaluation and trial lesson!
We will be happy to make an assessment of your French level and to recommend the best language program for your specific needs.
Why choosing Prêt à Parler?