Le français des affaires
Le français de la vie quotidienne
(French For Everyday Life)
Test Your French Level Here!
Private French Lessons is the perfect solution for you if:
- You recently moved to a French speaking country and realise that life would probably be much easier if you could speak and understand some French.
- You have been living in a French speaking country for many years, but are still struggling with the language barrier when trying to integrate social activities or remain independent in your everyday life.
- You learned French many years ago, but don’t remember much of it.
- You master the basics of French, but still get a funny look when you try to express yourself in this beautiful language.
- You already have a good command of French, but must level up to reach a professional level (B2-C2) and improve your current profile or increase your chances of getting a better job on the Swiss market.
- You already took private French coaching sessions in the past, but were disappointed as the teacher only spoke French and couldn’t relate to your struggle of learning a new language.
- You are very busy and already bored or apprehensive at the thought of attending a traditional language class.
- You are currently looking for a new job, but feel stuck as most positions in French speaking Switzerland require a professional level of French (B2 minimum).
- You want to focus on specific pronunciation problems, learn how to speak in 1-on-1 settings, improve your writing, learn industry-specific vocabulary, enhance and practice your interviewing skills.
- You need personalized lessons that reflect exactly what your needs or priorities may be, and wish to receive individualized attention and detailed feedback.
- You are working on sensitive materials you do not wish to share publicly.
- You need more flexibility to schedule your lesson time and location around your home or work obligations.
Our outstanding language coaches are here to help you unlock your potential with solutions adapted to your learning style and priorities.
Private language coaching is a fast, effective, and reliable way to learn a new language or perfect your skills. Our intensive courses are carefully planned to address your needs and structured to help you focus specifically on trouble areas or difficulties you may be encountering in your daily practice.
Our flexible language training programs will be adapted to fit your unique goals and objectives, your busy work schedule, and your various family obligations. Our team will work with you in order to find the most suitable dates, times, and location for your private language coaching session.
Here is a list of the things we can do during your private coaching sessions:
- Introduce yourself and talk about your family
- Ask for information and answer simple questions
- Answer the phone and book appointments
- Express your opinion on various subjects
- Improve your writing skills (email, official letters, correspondence…)
- Be more efficient and confident in everyday situations (grocery shopping, eating out, using public transports…)
- Discover and better understand the culture and traditions of Geneva and the French Speaking World
- Review and consolidate the fundamentals of French to bring you to the next level
- Acquire new vocabulary on various interesting topics related to your everyday life in Geneva
- Learn more about the culture in Switzerland and other French speaking countries
- Get plenty of speaking practice time and feedback on your pronunciation
- Boost your confidence and improve your French conversation skills
- Translate your CV into French for the Swiss market
- Write a powerful motivation letter in French
- Prepare yourself for an interview in French and test your language skills through mock interviews
- Improve your performance by receiving constructive feedback
- Receive valuable tips on French pronunciation to stop making the same mistakes
French lessons with Isabelle is the right choice if you need flexibility, if you want to adapt the class to meet your exact needs, and if you want to enjoy your class! I had no experience with online learning before and was a bit skeptical about it all. It ended up being one of the best decisions I recently made! Following the recent birth of my child, I contacted Isabelle because I had to prepare for an important job interview in French. Not only did she prepare me well for the interview with regards to the language requirements, but she also acted as a coach, motivating me and building my self-confidence over the 10 classes we had together. The best thing? I finally got the job I was aiming for!
Brigitte Dietrich – Senior Finance Officer at International Labour Organization, UN (Geneva)
I arrived in Geneva two years ago to start a job in a French speaking firm with a very basic level of French. For the first year and a half I went to group lessons and taught myself but I found the lessons long and boring and struggled with motivation to teach myself in my spare time. My private lessons with Isabelle totally changed my approach to learning French. She gave me a lot of confidence speaking French as we discussed topics that were actually relevant to my job and life in Geneva. Isabelle is a fantastic teacher, calm and patient and when I struggled for words or didn’t understand a question, she would explain a different way but always in French. It is a great feeling to be able to work it out all in French without having to switch over to English! I can’t recommend lessons with Isabelle enough, it is well worth the investment!
Tessa McChesney – Architect (Geneva)
Isabelle is a fantastic teacher and I am delighted I found her to help me progress with French. Her lessons are fun, relevant and interesting. Her style is extremely unique – she is incredibly patient and puts you at ease from the first encounter. Any areas of uncertainty are picked up immediately and her preparation for the next lesson includes these areas. She puts a lot of thought into her lessons and goes the extra mile even when the lesson has finished. I highly recommend her as a language teacher.
Adam Fairfoot – Business Quality and Risk Manager, Barclays Wealth and Investment Management (Geneva)
Fees for our language programs start at 930 CHF/EUR or 333 CHF/EUR per month.
Please contact us for more detailed information about our corporate and semi-private lesson pricing.
Free Trial Lesson
Interested in our services? Contact us for a free evaluation and trial lesson!
We will be happy to make an assessment of your French level and to recommend the best language program for your specific needs.
Why choosing Prêt à Parler?