We are delighted to announce that Prêt à Parler will become an official fide Test Center in 2023!
‘Oh no! It’s been years since I did my last exam!’
‘Am I ready for the fide test?’
‘fide test? What’s that?’
If you relate to any of these questions, are concerned with the fide test or need some inspiration to finally go for it, you are in the right place. Let us tell you a bit more about this test, and of course, let us help you succeed! Voici ce qu'il faut savoir sur l'examen fide:
- The fide test is a certified and recognized proof of language issued by the Swiss State Secretariat for Migration (SEM). It has been specially developed for everyday life in Switzerland and it is what you need for a residence or settlement permit, naturalisation or a job search in this country.
- The test consists of two parts: an oral part and a written part. The oral part tests your speaking and understanding, whilst the written part tests your reading and writing skills.
- The whole test costs CHF 250, but depending on your needs, you can take only one of both parts.
- The language passport can certify the levels achieved: Elementary use of language A1, Elementary use of language A2 or Independent use of language B1.
- The written part might vary, but these are the most common tasks candidates face: a complaint letter, an email to book an appointment, a work-related email or a reply to an invitation.
- The oral part covers some of these topics of conversation: the neighbourhood, at the letting agency, at the doctor, household chores, making a reservation, buying a ticket, at your child’s school, at work, getting a job, everyday misadventures.
At this point, you might be asking yourself: ‘How do I prepare for the test?’’. We know sometimes it’s hard to find the time to sit down and do some practice, but we would strongly advise you not to walk into an exam room without prior preparation. And why not start now? We invite you to visit this page for more information.
If you really want to prepare for success, we have excellent news for you! Our team of Super Profs, all specialists in fide Preparation for Permis C and Swiss Naturalisation, has developed a special e-course which will prepare you for success. This is the perfect tool if you prefer to learn and prepare yourself independently.
On the other hand, if you are the type of learner who needs an extra boost of motivation and you prefer to work with someone who will push you to make progress every week in order to reach your goals, then learning with one of our Super Profs via our learning programs will be the best solution for you. We will make sure you acquire all the right language tools to feel confident and ready to pass your FIDE exam haut la main (with flying colours)!
All the best with your preparation process and don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. We are here to help!
Disclaimer: Prêt à Parler CH does not carry out fide tests and is not yet accredited for any of the fide procedures. However, our team of Super Profs has been helping our clients to successfully pass their fide test in Suisse romande since January 2019. Our online preparation program for the fide test, blog articles, social media posts and videos are meant to help fide applicants better understand and prepare for their exam.
Foreign languages have always been an important part of Sonia’s life. After getting her degree in Arts and Graphic Design and a Master’s Degree in Education, she moved from her country, Spain, to England where she has been living for the last ten years. She has worked in international schools and companies, and in 2013 she founded her own language school.
This journey has left her with countless life lessons that she feels privileged to have learned first hand. She truly believes that learning a language can change you in ways you probably don’t imagine, and she tries to transmit this message across Prêt à Parler social media by creating powerful images and meaningful content.